Saturday, July 22, 2006

Love Song

Isn't strange how were wired! After some uncomfortable times between Diane and I, she felt that she needed a weekend away from the everyday hustle of being a wife, mother and student. My initial reaction was one of resentments and rejection because she wanted to get away alone. I felt a lot of bad feeling and had a very difficult time with her decision.

Now comes the strange part, Diane left for her getaway and I was left alone to take care of my children for the very first time ever. My insides hurt so bad the first few hours that Diane was gone due to the guilt that I was feeling for having pushed her to need this weekend. It is now Saturday night and I know that on Sunday Diane will once again be back in my arm's, however, I am in no hurry for Sunday to come. I desperately want here to continue on the journey that she is on and just enjoy the time and space that she has unselfishly given up for the past 7 years.

You see, I go away on at least 2 weekend trips per year with my drunken friends and I realize that I have taken that for granted. We ALL need space and time off, even if we do not have a job that provides a paycheck. Diane is the best mother, friend, and Lover that I could ever ask for. I now know exactly how hard Diane works and believe me she deserves a RAISE! I get up and leave for work everyday and yes it's no picnic, in fact it's very stressful. However, their is nothing more important in life than the job Diane does in raising my children. I am so proud of my wife for the person she is and the way she leads her life. Thank you honey for opening my eyes, you are loved and truly appreciated.
My intentions have only grown deeper. I love you 199!

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'm nothing but smiles. That is probably everything I have ever wanted to hear!!!!!!!!!!