Saturday, July 22, 2006

Gettin' Better


This is the very first weekend since Diane and I have been married that I have had to take care of the kids and house on my own. Boy have I learned a few things about team work. When your wife's not home, their is no team, it's me against them. The family room looks like a hurricane went thru, the sink is full of dishes, the dog has not been fed (opps be right back) and yet for some strange reason I could care less! I didn't even think that was in my nature. I woke up today with Ryan singing in my ear and smelling like pee. After breakfast we played in the basement and cleaned it. Then I got the cat puke out of the carpets with our carpet cleaner. I finally took a shower around noon and then proceeded to make lunch. However, I found out for the first time that when their are only 2 pieces of bred left, it really is no big deal. So after lunch it was off to Meijer to restock the shelves. I had both kids inside the shopping cart and only managed to buy what didn't fall off the very bottom shelf of the cart. If I put anything in the cart, Ryan would try to open it or see if he could squeeze it. I'm finally home and the boy is napping. The afternoon and evening went great, first we swam in the pool and then we ate Chicken dinos and smiley fries on the deck. After that it was ice cream time and then finally bath time. I can not believe how big these 2 kids are getting. I sure do miss my teammate!

3 comments:

~Mrs. DCS RN~ said...

Kinda makes you wonder what Diane does all day. See.....she does do things other than shop! Ha Ha

Diane said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! I am so glad you realize why the dishes don't get done and the house stays a mess. This weekend was for me, but now I see it was also for you, to realize what my life is like EVERYDAY!!!!! I miss you, see you tommorrow. I might do a little antiquing before I come home??????
Love You!!!!!

Diane said...

I can't believe how old Ryan looks in that picture eating at the table!